Saturday 31 March 2018

DT Inspiration - Blue Daffodils

Hi there friends!

It's Sarah P here sharing a little DT inspiration for you this morning which I've combined with my Less is More Challenge post HERE and our latest challenge for this fortnight where we are CASEing a Guest Designer and previous winner of our challenges; Aileen of Colour and Sparkle

Here's my card and if you read on I've shared a photo of Aileen's card.

As soon as I saw her floral beauty I knew I'd have to use something from the Uniko range, especially as there's so many elegant florals to choose from! Sticking with Aileen's colour combo of blues I've gone non-traditional using the Spring Botanicals - Daffodil set. Who says we can't have 'blue' daffodils? They might not appear in nature but I think they might catch on! What do you say?


I started out by stamping the daffodils in Versamark ink and heat embossing with Hero Arts white embossing powder before water colouring with my Zig Clear Brush Pens. The die-cut sentiment is from Waffle Flower and I've layered it 3 times for added dimension and coated both the flowers and the sentiment in Tonic Clear shimmer pen.

If you'd like to have a go at CASEing Aileen's card and playing along at the Less is More challenge  then you have until 10pm BST on Friday, 13th April 2018 and the link you need is HERE

Aileen's CASE card



Thanks for calling by the blog today and I hope you feel inspired.

Sarah P

5 comments:

  1. Sarah I cant believe you cased my card twice, thats such a wonderful compliment and I love both versions so much. These flowers from Uniko are just perfect and look amazing done in blue. Thank you so much for such a wonderful compliment and for making such an amazing card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful, Sarah.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Swooning over your beautiful blue daffodils, Sarah; such a lovely translation of Aileen's pretty card!
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW ! Another beautiful take on Aileen's card, Sarah ! I would never have thought to colour these daffodils blooms in blue, but it's magical ! Love how you succeeded to give different shades of blue with your Zig. Amazing card ! Hugs x

    ReplyDelete

Lovely Comments Appreciated