Wednesday 12 February 2014

New Challenge DT Call - Time Out Challenges

Hey!

WOW! What a fabulous few days! Did you all enjoy the NEW release? I know a lot did as you kept me busy fulfilling orders! Well, if you missed the post & blog hop you can catch up on it HERE and there is still time to comment along the hop to be in the chance of winning the prizes up for grabs.

Anyway, today I am telling you all about a NEW challenge blog called TIME OUT Challenges that is starting with it's first challenge in March & currently has a DT Call. I thought I would give it a go and try out for the team, as you all know I do love a challenge blog! 

The theme for the DT call is Love and/or Friendship & this is what I came up with...




It wouldn't be Valentine's Day without a card for my husband! I decided to keep the hearts to a minimum an decided to use the NEW Explosion! set, as after all he is a guy and he might send me hearts and flowers but I know that they aren't his favourite!

I started out by using the current CAS(E) this Sketch! layout seen HERE and below.




I then stamped the explosion & LOVE sentiment in Memento Tuxedo Black Ink and simply coloured it in with a red Copic marker and the sentiment in a pink Copic marker. I then trimmed the explosion out not leaving any border, which is really easy as it's all straight lines!




I then temporarily adhered the explosion to the white CS layer to stamp the exploding lines, 'YOU' sentiment which is masked from A Gift For You and the heart stamped from Always & Forever. The white layer is mounted to the black card base using foam adhesive as is the explosion.

Ok, that's all from me today, I had better get the dinner prepared, a lovely steak & chips over candle light tonight, plus lots of snuggles on the sofa with a good movie is planned! 

I hope you all have a LOVELY Valentine's Day & thank you for stopping by today :)


Supplies
Card Stock: White & Black from stash
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black & VersaMagic Pink Petunia
Accessories: Copic Marker R46 & RV55, Foam Adhesive

8 comments:

  1. Bev, I love this design. This explosion stamp is perfect for a guy and the red and pink combo works really well. Lots of lovely white space! Thanks for entering our DT call and good luck x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow striking and fun card. Enjoy your evening. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a fab card Bev. I'm sure hubby will love it

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, what a great card! Fabulous take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bev, perfect card for your husband (it will pair wonderfully with your dinner+movie+snuggle plans); delightful take on the sketch and an absolutely awesome entry for the Time Out DT call! You on that team = recipe for amazing inspiration. If I were choosing, I'd select you in a nanosecond! Once again, a visit here has brightened my day!
    c

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Bev, this is so fun! The explosion stamp is perfect for guys and I really like the design of your card. Your hubby will love this for sure. Thanks for entering our DT Call at TIME OUT Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is truly fabulous Bev. It really packs a punch. Fabulous colours too xx

    ReplyDelete

Lovely Comments Appreciated