Thursday 25 July 2013

Celebrate!

Hey!

I'm super busy but unusually organised here in the studio and my mojo seems to have returned which is good timing as I am preparing projects to share using the upcoming August Release - yep, that's right your eyes didn't deceive you! It's not long now until I'll be sharing Sneak Peeks!

Anyway, I've this card to share with you using Beautiful Blooms I paired with Background Builders: Round In Circles...




It's not a colour scheme I'd usually turn to, but I quite like how striking it is. I used the current Dynamic Duos challenge colours seen HERE and below and added some glitter to those blooms again, making it appropriate for the current Addicted to CAS challenge HERE.






 It's hard to capture how sparkly this card is in a photo, it just doesn't do it justice! I decided to use a 'celebrate' sentiment seeing as the UK is celebrating the birth of the Duke & Duchess' Prince. Such a happy time and making me broody!




Ok, that's all from me today, there is much to be done as I am off for a little spinster (bachelorette) getaway to London for a few days :) I will have posts scheduled here on the blog while I am away to keep you all entertained & we also have a Super FREE Saturday on the blog this weekend!

Thanks for stopping by today :)

Supplies
Card Stock: White from stash, SU! Basic Black & Calypso Coral
Ink: Versafine Onyx Black, SU! Calypso Coral. Versamark
Accessories: Cosmic Shimmer True White EP, Hero Arts Prisma Glitter

15 comments:

  1. Beverley, this is beautiful! You've used the colours perfectly to create a striking card. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! This is gorgeous, Bev. Love the background and the big bold blooms - beautiful contrast. Thanks for stopping by my blog. I'm a follower now - really like your CAS style, and am eager to learn.
    xxx Asha
    Sunny Summer Crafts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome Asha!
      Thank you for the lovely comment & following Uniko Studio :) I hope you find much inspiration.
      Hugs
      Bev

      Delete
  3. Very striking! Wonder how you managed to get the background stamped so straight, any tips?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jane!
      I have Stampin' Up's grid paper stack to stamp on. What I do is temporarily adhere my mat layer to the grid paper then stamp repeatedly from bottom to top using the grid which is in centimetres as my guide. Most cutting mats also have a grid on them which would also work. Hope this gives you a few ideas to try.
      Hugs
      Bev

      Delete
  4. Lovely card.
    Hope you had a great weekend away! Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely fabulous! I love, love these flowers and the glitter just adds so much! Stunning card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is beautiful :) I love the touch of glitter on ur flowers :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You just keep rocking those stamps!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! This card blows me away! Love the glittery blooms!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You did a great job with those colors...Your flowers are very pretty!

    ReplyDelete

Lovely Comments Appreciated