Thursday 26 July 2012

Freshly Coloured

Hey!

How did we get to Thursday?! This week is going by way too fast. It's been a busy one this week in The Studio but I'm managing to squeeze in a few challenge cards here & there! The card below is just one I squeezed in last night before calling it a night ...




I started out with the current Freshly Made Sketches sketch HERE and seen below. I knew I wanted to use the Gerbera flower for the 'any shape' part of the sketch! I'm loving using this flower at the moment, has anyone else used it in a creation yet? I'd love to see what you've created & how you have used the flowers.




I then needed a colour combo so decided to use the current ColourQ colours HERE & seen below. Now the Brilliant Blue scared me some what! I love the colour blue but such a bright blue is VERY bold & it needed to be used sparingly! So I used it as my card base & matting it with White CS. I did use it for the stamped sentiment from TIME which works really well. 




I'm pretty chuffed with how this one turned out, I thought it was going to be quite iffy when I started out but it came together nicely! Here is a close up ...




I apologise for my Whites not being a White White in the photos I must sort my camera settings out properly. I can hear my brother tutting as I type that I haven't got it set right. 

Well, thats all from me today, I'm sure I will be back tomorrow with more to share. Thanks for stopping by today.
Hugs

Supplies
Card Stock: SU! Baja Breeze, Brilliant Blue & Whisper White
Stamps: Uniko Studio Time & Pure Florals:Gerbera
Ink: SU! Regal Rose, Kiwi Kiss & Brilliant Blue
Accessories: SU! Seam Binding Ribbon, Foam Adhesive & Rhinestones





10 comments:

  1. Fab card, Beverley. Such a lovely colour palette. Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful card Beverly! I love that blue backing! Great job fussing those flowers and the leaves! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I love your card Beverly! Beautiful take on the sketch! Thanks for playing with us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely card Beverly, that outline flower is so pretty and the bling is such a lovely touch. Thank you so much for joining us at colourQ this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your flower, stunning and just the right amount of bling! Thanks for playing with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow ... this is beautiful Beverly ... looove that flower and the sprinkling of sparkles ... lovely!
    Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card, Beverley, your stamping is so clean! Thanks for joining us this week and sharing your card.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazing card, Beverly! I love the way you used the sketch. Thanks for sharing with us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. love the flower! Great layering and love how you used the colors!! Thanks for playing along at ColourQ this week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card - those bright colours are such a challenge. I love how you toned them down. Thanks for joining us at Colour Q this week.

    ReplyDelete

Lovely Comments Appreciated