Tuesday 22 May 2012

Not a marker in sight!

Happy Tuesday & Happy Post Release Day!

Thank you for everyone that gave Gayatri a warm welcome to the DT both her and on her blog and for everyone who visited and commented on my post about the release. Your thoughts and feedback is truly appreciated.

So how about a card? As the title of this post states not a marker be it Copic or Distress or any other kind was in sight as I coloured this Chrysanthemum in ...




As you can see from this first photograph I dusted off my Prismacolor pencils which haven't seen the light of day since Copic markers took residence in the studio! There is something kind of nostalgic about the smell of a pencil! It was really relaxing and therapeutic colouring in, I haven't spent more than 30 min on a card in a while! As I coloured each petal on the flower I used Gamsol blending solution to smooth the coloured lines out.

So here is the final creation ...




Still a CAS card using the current sketch over on Clean & Simple HERE. I used one of the patterned papers from the NEWLY released Joyful Butterfly and the sentiment is from Extra Time. 

I hope I have inspired you to dust off your coloured pencils and show them some love! 

Thanks for stopping by today!
Hugs

3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Beverley. I love that flower, the PP and your coloring. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card, Bev! great colouring and live the bright summer colours:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry about the spelling mistake. I meant " love". Typing from phone.

      Delete

Lovely Comments Appreciated